The Healthy Body Strength and Conditioning Program is a holistic program to improve your movement patterns, strength, co-ordination, agility speed, and power.
Exercises will include body-weight movements, moving weights such as medicine balls and kettlebells, plyometric exercises, and conditioning exercises such as running or rowing.
CrossFit Wild South aims to improve the quality of life for all our members, our goal is to help you realise and develop your full human potential.
Here is a quick overview of what you can expect from this program:
Each of the 6 classes in this block run for 1 hour. Each session begins with an introduction to familiarise yourself with the expectations for the session. We then have a warm up to prepare you for the skills and workout portion that follows. Often a mobility and a recap will close out the session. Classes will run 12pm Sundays on 16th and 30th of October, 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th of November.
Some of the key skills you will be taught;
This Program will introduce you to the 10 General Physical Skills, something that CrossFit is based on and all of which are essential to realising your full human potential.
These skills are the foundation for any sport or discipline you may pursue. Improvement in each of these physical capacities will directly increase your ability learn and succeed in your sport.
The 10 General Physical Skills
1. Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
2. Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
3. Strength – How much can you lift?
4. Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
5. Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
6. Speed – How fast can you go?
7. Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
8. Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
9. Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
10. Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
Just click the sign up link at the top of the page. If you get stuck on the registration page, there is a video you can watch on the “Trouble registering ” tab on how to fill out your registration details.
To confirm your place please make online payment to:
Account number: 12 3154 0122426 00
Reference: Your name
Note: Healthy Body Strength and Conditioning Program booking is not confirmed until full payment is received.
See you at the ‘BOX’
Your CrossFit Wild South Coaching Team
What to Bring
You need to be comfortable when participating in the Healthy Body Strength and Conditioning Program.
Suitable clothing is a must, shorts/tights and t-shirt/singlet with a hoodie/warm top available would be a good minimum standard for the activities.
Wear suitable shoes, bring a towel and a drink bottle.
Some quick terminology
– ‘WOD’ stands for Work Out of the Day, this changes daily.
– ‘BOX’ this is where we train, we are not a gym.
– ‘AMRAP’ stands for ‘As Many Rounds As Possible’ in X amount of time.
– ‘RX’ means ‘as prescribed’, so to RX a workout means to do as written, i.e. lift 16kgs, complete 10 reps (=repetition/rounds).
– ‘MODIFIED or SCALED’ means not ‘RX’d’
- You will be booked for all of the 6 classes in this Program.
- Please ensure that turn up at least 10 minutes prior to the start of each session, .
- Encourage others.
- Have fun.
CrossFit Wild South is also about the community spirit, when you join us you become part of our ‘Crew’. Everyone supports and encourages each other in every class that we do together, we take this community spirit into this Program as well.
Am I able to join this Program?
Everybody starts at different levels, our job is to help you realise your human potential whether your are a beginner or an elite athlete. We do not expect you to do exercises that you physically or mentally cannot perform. Our Coaches are highly qualified and have years of experience, anything in this Program can be modified to a level that is achievable but will also get challenge you enough to make it rewarding and fun.
After the Healthy Body Strength and Conditioning Program, you may continue with CrossFit through our Fundamentals program.