Teens Strength and Conditioning Program
Come and see for yourself what it is all about
CrossFit Teens is a strength and conditioning program that utilises the functional movements of CrossFit combined with other key strength and conditioning techniques to increase your fitness, agility and athleticism so that you can excel in your chosen sport. Rugby, Netball, Hockey, Volleyball, Cycling or Cricket, is doesn’t matter what sport you play, you will see an improvement in performance as a result of this strength and conditioning program.
- Functional Movement
– How we move everyday in life, sport or play.
- Performance Nutrition
– Fuel for the body for performance and recovery.
- Sport Specific Programming
– Any sport you play will benefit from this program.
– Training can be fun, and CrossFit is serious fun.
- Qualified Coaches
– Experienced and qualified in all aspects of youth strength and conditioning training to achieve results, safely.
- Improves body awareness and Confidence
– Just being a better human, both in movement and mind is important in life, sport and play.
Crossfit Teens is a strength and conditioning programme specifically designed for teenagers to establish and build a strong foundation in gymnastics, strength, cardiovascular conditioning as well as body awareness, confidence and mental capacity. Crossfit can be used as preparation for other sports, as a sport in its self.
The course is programmed so that teenagers of all levels can participate and all will get the benefits of the program, working to establish and increase skill and fitness no matter the starting point.
Here is a quick overview of what you can expect:
Every class will begin at 5pm and will run for an hour. Each class begins with an introduction to familiarise everyone with the program and expectations for the class, this is important to ensure everyone gets the most out of the sessions. We then have a warm up consisting of skills and activities to prepare for the workout portion that follows.
Some of the key skills that will be taught;
This strength and conditioning program will introduce people to the 10 General Physical Skills, something that CrossFit is based on. These skills are the foundation for any sport or discipline people may pursue. Improvement in each of these physical capacities will directly lead to people having an increased ability to learn and succeed in other sports.
The 10 General Physical Skills
1. Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
2. Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
3. Strength – How much can you lift?
4. Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
5. Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
6. Speed – How fast can you go?
7. Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
8. Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
9. Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
10. Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
We invite you to start your strength and conditioning journey NOW.
How to get Started
All you need to do is call us on 0800 788 4537 or email to email@example.com and we will get you booked in.
To confirm your place please make online payment to:
Account number: 12 3154 0122426 00
Reference: Your name
Note: CrossFit Teens Program booking is not confirmed until full payment is received.
See you at the ‘BOX’
Your CrossFit Wild South Coaching Team
What to Bring
You need to be comfortable when participating in the CrossFit Teens Program.
Suitable clothing is a must, shorts/tights and t-shirt/singlet with a hoodie/warm top available would be a good minimum standard for the activites.
Wear suitable shoes, bring a towel and a drink bottle.
If you haven’t done a CrossFit Teens Program Waiver and Membership form you will be required to fill one out before you start.
Turn up 10 minutes early to fill in the Waiver Form.
Some quick terminology
– ‘WOD’ stands for Work Out of the Day, this changes daily.
– ‘BOX’ this is where we train, we are not a gym.
– ‘AMRAP’ stands for ‘As Many Rounds As Possible’ in X amount of time.
– ‘RX’ means ‘as prescribed’, so to RX a workout means to do as written, i.e. lift 16kgs, complete 10 reps (=repetition/rounds).
– ‘MODIFIED or SCALED’ means not ‘RX’d’
You will be booked for the classes you choose.
Please ensure you turn up on time.
You will be required to work and listen to our coaches.
CrossFit Wild South is also about the community spirit, when you join us you become part of our ‘Crew’. Everyone supports and encourages each other in every class that we do together, we take this community spirit into the CrossFit Teens classes as well.
Am I able to join the classes?
Everybody starts at different levels, our job is to make you better whether you are a beginner or an elite athlete, We do not expect you to do exercises that they physically or mentally cannot perform. Our CrossFit Teens Program can be modified to a level that is achievable but will also challenge you enough to make it rewarding and fun.
After this terms Teens Program, CrossFit Wild South may continue with a CrossFit Teens program should the demand be there. If you wish to continue with CrossFit Teens after this terms Program, please make it known to us by contacting us to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org
Teens Gauntlet a fun, exciting and challenging way to test your fitness
What’s CrossFit like at CrossFit Wild South?
Check out the video from the ‘Bring a Friend’ promo held in October 2013. Note: Class sizes are normally 5 – 12 people.